Friday, May 25, 2012

I Still Believe

I know it’s one of those days,
But I still believe in You.
Though I am tangled and tumbling in cords and wires of gray,
With tear-tinged eyes and a tongue that doesn’t know what to say,
I still believe in You.
I believe in the God who lifts the head of the downcast.
I believe in the God who delivers me simply
                 because He delights in me.
I believe in the God who feels what I feel; who’s not far away,
                 but closer than my skin.
I believe in Him.

I believe in the God who takes my wounds upon Himself –
Whips and lashes to heal me.
I believe in the God who my Father, brother, friend, husband
                  will always be
Whether or not I feel it, whether or not I see.
And somewhere through my murky eyes,
I still see Your shining light.
I see You pick me up from the dust, wipe me off, and say:
“I still believe in you, my little girl.
                  I’m fighting for you today.”


By Samamtha Lindholm
Written May 25, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment