Friday, April 5, 2013

Into the Name

Who are You?
Your face is wreathed in darkness,
The most compelling darkness.
The clouds that bow and burn beneath Your feet,
The tearing wind that whirls,
The mountains quaking, trembling at the Name -
The Name that with blood ransoms.
Who are You?
Your face is burning light,
The Great Unapproachable light.
Stroking the sky with brilliant rays of sun,
You awaken everyone with the gentle morning fire.
The sea that rocks and rolls beneath Your breath,
The jubilant brooks throwing themselves into the depths of the earth,
The unsung song of all Your worth.
Who are You?
You paint Your name on every living thing.
Day and night, You've made rich this moving canvas -
Rich with expressions, metaphors, glimpses into the Divine, the Eternal -
But I am just a vapor. How can I understand what I cannot comprehend?
Alighting, curling into tomorrow; my little breath is my small prayer.
Where are You and will You take me there?

Written by Samantha Lindholm
April 5, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment