Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hungry for that Poetry

I’m hungry for a poetry that craves the stars,
That reaches out with shivering skin to stroke
The great canvas of God’s loving-est whim.
I’m hungry for a poetry that isn’t about she and him –
Souls in the suspension of sticky misery. There
Are many of these – unfortunately. But
They don’t speak to that deep, resounding part of me.
Little of this do I find these days: the poetry
Ready on the sand to spring and catch the waves;
The poetry roaming the sparkling fields of new, dew-kissed days.
I’m hungry for a poetry that does more than ask who we are,
But walks down the hallway to the answer.
It – the answer – is not hidden under lock and key.
The door, I assure you, will open with ease; without a creak.
Then your tongue will dance and your lips commence to speak
And you will write marvelous poetry.

By Samantha Lindholm
Written April 12, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment